Microdermabrasion is a treatment that involves the use of fine microcrystals and a vacuum to remove dead skin cells. It is designed to tackle a range of common skin concerns, including dull skin, blocked pores, wrinkles and age spots. The treatment encourages skin turnover, allowing fresher, clearer, brighter skin to replace.
How does it work?
As we age, our skin’s natural rate of exfoliation slows down, leaving us more prone to unwanted imperfections and sun-ageing. Microdermabrasion works by removing dead cells and encouraging the natural exfoliation process. It is carried out using a mechanical hand-held device, which your practitioner will pass over the chosen area of your skin. A powerful spray of microcrystals is buffed onto the skin to disrupt unwanted dead skin cells and polish them away from the very outer layer of skin. A vacuumed top on the device stimulates your skin’s own collagen production to promote a natural plumping effect and strengthen the lower layers of your skin, reducing the effects of ageing.
Improving clients lives
- Improved skin texture and firmness:Microdermabrasion stimulates new cell growth and collagen production, revealing fresh skin that is softer to the touch and more even.
- The confidence to dare to go bare-faced: Forget wearing thick, clogging make-up.With clearer, brighter skin you can ditch the foundation and let your skin breathe.
- Less visible fine lines and wrinkles: Whether on your face, hands, neck, keep people guessing about your age by smoothing out tell-tale lines.
- Skin looks clearer and feels more purified: Exfoliation prevents pores becoming clogged, resulting in fewer spots.
- Dull skin gets a boost of brightness and clarity: Outer layers of jaded skin are removed, allowing fresh, glowy, youthful skin to be revealed.
- More even skin tone: Age spots, pigmentation and sun damage are lessened.